M/Y Vertige, the second unit of Tankoa Yachts - sold in February 2015 to an experienced French client – after a successful delivery and a busy charter season in the Mediterranean will make her official debut at the next September Monaco Yacht Show 2017.
Tankoa S501 Vertige represents the quintessence of the result between a high quality builder and a marketing and sales organization that is in daily contact with yacht Owners, Captains and Surveyors.
S501 M/Y VERTIGE DESIGN STATEMENT
Tankoa’s management team worked in close collaboration with Francesco Paszkowski to design the project and fulfill the following set goals:
- Achieve a perfectly balanced, fluid and timeless design that will not look like what is currently offered on the market.
- Offer perfect circulation flows for owners and guests, providing them with the possibility to move from deck to deck and from inside to outside area without interfering with the working crew, while at the same time giving the crew total freedom of movement to carry on with their tasks.
- Provide a 499 gross ton package for the Owner with amenities and features commonly found on much larger yachts.
- S501 hull N°1 is a six cabins yacht that includes: main deck full beam Owner and Vip suite, two Vips and two guest cabins on the lower deck, gym, home cinema on the upper deck, a 7-meter tender garage, two jet skis and rescue tender forward. Other amenities include floor to ceiling windows, foldout hydraulic terraces in the owner’s suite and on the aft deck increasing the already considerable available space…
Allowing permanent visual contact with the sea was one of the other tasks assigned to Francesco Paszkowski’s design team. Interiors, as per client's request, were designed by Francesco Paszkowski Design Studio in cooperation with Margherita Casprini and reflect a "modern but warm" atmosphere.
The result will simply be one of the most beautiful 50-meter yacht ever build under 500 GRT. The level of detailing, both inside and outside, is in line with what everyone usually expects to find onboard much larger yachts.
S501 M/Y VERTIGE BUILDER STATEMENT
The Tankoa Vertige S501 is built entirely in aluminum light alloy 5083.
Construction has been carefully followed by the project manager and builder engineer Albert McIlroy, the owner’s representative. Albert has been responsible for supervising construction of a number of yachts worldwide and mainly in Northern Europe. McIlroy recently declared - “With S501, Tankoa Yachts has greatly improved their time schedule management and operation processes and they truly have a teutonic approach that often leaves me speechless for an Italian builder. I can say, after having supervised the construction of many yachts worldwide, not only the work pace and productivity at Tankoa are superior but it is also probably the first time I see the production schedule fully respected without altering the incredible flexibility that Tankoa is becoming known for.”
The above mention factor is truly a plus as the Tankoa organization and business plan, calling for only-the-best subcontractors and suppliers, comes within a package offering typical Italian styling and flexibility at a more competitive price point than our northern European colleagues.
S501, while still under the 500 GRT mark, offers spectacular layout and amenities that include:
- Main deck owner’s suite and master’s suite. The owner’s suite is equipped with two lateral foldout terraces.
- Two Vip and two guest cabins on the lower deck.
- A gigantic aft deck and fly bridge. The aft deck is equipped with an oversized sun pad, a reversed deck salon looking aft and a lateral three meter long foldout terrace to keep guests in contact with the sea.
- Floor to ceiling windows in the main salon with cut down bulwarks providing an excellent view.
- A 7m tender garage.
- Two jet skis and another service tender forward.
- Upper deck TV salon with bar.
- Upper outdoor deck with dining table for 14 guests and wrap-around sofa for up to 20 people with a foldable TV screen.
- Beach club/gym in the transom area.
- Full displacement aluminum hull to reduce both draft and fuel consumption while allowing for easy maintenance.
Tankoa Yachts reported excellent results after the S501 M/Y Vertige recent sea trails. According to contract specifications, top speed was to be 16 knots at half load.
While performances of 50 meter long Vertige were to be measured in calm seas and five knots of wind, actual sea trails took place with over a meter waves and a crossed choppy sea with northerly wind gusts up to 30 knots.
Edoardo Ratto, General Manager of Tankoa Yachts, commented: “Since for the very first sea trails, which lasted about eight hours, were simply incredible. Vertige reached a top speed of 16.5 knots at 60% load (about 33,000 liters of fuel and more than 20,000 liters of water). S501 has a range of over 5,000 nautical miles at 12 knots, which really makes a difference when going for Atlantic crossings. There were no vibration at all and the decibel readings were inferior to contracted levels – in the owner’ssuite and Vip cabin, levels were below 50 decibels”.
During the first trails, while performing all the maneuvers foreseen by international standards, the Vertige’s excellent handling was confirmed: even when the stabilizers were not enabled, the yacht demonstrated excellent stability.